Popping in to join Rachel of Ten Hour Stitcher for her Fully Finished Gallery SAL, where we can show our work that has been completely finished since last month´s check-in.
My fully finished disaster of this month is the book cover which I mentioned in a recent post and which was destined to cover a future cookery book for my granddaughter.
I had embroidered two different patterns and chose to use the smaller design and to combine it with some of my GD favourite fabric colours .
Amongst my embroidery threads, I had some silk floss which I had bought cheaply from a local shop that was closing down and decided to use the bright and glossy plum coloured DMC 30915.
However, my finished embroidery certainly didn´t turn out bright and shiny at all and while using this floss I learnt that before stitching one should use water to dampen the thread with ones fingers , so to keep the stitches even.
I was going to add some récipes and fotos and lots of pretty pages to the cookery book
but I didn´t really stop and think enough ......
……… my granddaughter is a very young lady and needs something light, bright and fun and not `so Victorian´ as my daughter so sincerely pointed out when I gave her a sneak peek of the proposed layout
She is right of course, so the cover has been sent in disgrace to the Dreaded Drawer, never again to see the light of day….. well no …no need to get carried away here, but out of my sight for the moment whilst I plan something a bit more youthful and modern
In the meantime, plenty to keep me busy, with Valentine´s Day sewing and Spring just around the corner.
See you soon