Tuesday 13 February 2018

Letters and cards

Hello Blogger friends and visitors,

In the lack of expecting any expression of romanticism concerning St. Valentine´s Day, I decided to treat myself to a session of nostalgia and sorted through a battered suitcase storing a lifetime´s assortment of greeting cards, letters, invitations and postcards,  Nothing better to lift one´s spirits than to wistfully reminisce about the passage of time - sigh.  I decided to make a holder for some special treasured letters.


I had unexpectedly found a needlework shop nearby that stocked a few Zweigart linens AND Coton a Broder threads, amazing.  So I happily bought two different linens and a few threads and couldn´t wait to get home and start working on my letter holder.



I didn´t follow any design, just embroidered a few rows of different stitches with DMC floss, added a touch of lace and a couple of drawn thread patterns using my new coton a broder thread, which I found just perfect. So pleased I found a shop here that stocks lots of colours.



A little pocket inside to hold the romantic nostalgia.  I  trimmed the holder with some lace from my stash but didn´t have any that I really liked, all too wide, but anyway, what I used will suffice.



I do hope everyone spends a very happy romantic day tomorrow and don´t forget to save those cards and letters as they will be so happily looked upon one day in the future.


Linking to Supermom-no-cape stitchery link party.

Until next week.

  Sheryl

29 comments:

  1. Very pretty. What a great way to store cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheryl, this is such a romantic, frilly, beautifully pink special memento holder. I love the lace you used to trim it, I think it works perfectly. I'm more than impressed you didn't have a pattern and designed it from scratch. You are incredibly talented! I hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! I need to figure out something like that for some of my favourite letters too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is so very pretty and personal. You did a great job Sheryl, it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finish Sheryl, you are so talented to stitch this without a pattern! It's so pretty and perfect for romantic letters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finish.
    So many wonderful stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful letter holder Sheryl,I absolutely love the colours and stitches you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An exquisitely romantic and perfectly designed cover which is in itself a celebration of love in the broad sense and in a more restricted sense the love of creating beautiful things. Anyone who sees your creations receives a little bit of this love in some way and is grateful to you for the inspiration and dream you offer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sheryl,wow what a beautiful holder ,i love the work you have done on it,happy Valentines day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that is just such a lovely, lovely piece you've made, Sheryl. Not only beautiful, but useful. I love reading old cards and letters. Alas, with the advent of email, true letter writing seems to be a thing of the past...

    Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sheryl,
    The small bag looks especially beautiful, so enchanting stitches, all under it, but the whole looks perfect.
    Hugs Martina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how beautiful your embroidered holder of all things romantic and reminiscent is. Each row of exquisite embroidery is a delight to the eyes, Sheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely charming - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful idea for making a case for keeping the treasures of cards and letters.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful way to care for your special treasures. So many good ideas on that one and I love the delicate, romantic color scheme. I've never heard of coton a broder. I wonder if they even sell it in the US. I looked on Google and didn't see much in the way of vendors. How lucky to find a supplier in your area!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply beautiful, my friend! It's perfect for holding sweet treasures.

    Happy Valentine's Day to you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sheryl your work is so amazing. Each of those stitches are so perfectly done and your folder is gorgeous! I absolutely love it. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous Sheryl! And lucky you finding a coton a broder stockist - I tend to bulk buy white then add some to any dyeing I am doing. Hope you are keeping warm - cooler than usual here in Almeria but still sunnier and warmer than being at home. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your letter holder is very beautiful:)Great idea! I like how you work neatly with laces. I was also thinking of making a small envelope kind of thing instead of turning one of my embroidery into a card. I hope I have sufficient fabric, more than that, I need courage and time to cut around the embroidered piece.

    ReplyDelete
  21. how lovely! Just like everything that you make, it's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous stitching Sheryl!
    Well done!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful way to store treasured letters and photos x

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful. Such pretty stitches. A perfect place to store special memories.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So adorable, Sheryl. And a perfect little pouch for all the dear letters and cards of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    ąø«ąø™ัąø‡ą¹„ąø—ąø¢

    ReplyDelete
  27. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    ąø”ูąø«ąø™ัąø‡ąø­ąø­ąø™ą¹„ąø„ąø™์

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...