Friday 25 September 2020

The End of Summer

Hello Everyone,

I really wasn´t looking for any more stitcheries to do  other than that of a festive Christmas nature but I happened upon Lesley Teare´s  Birds and Blackwork flowers SAL and also the floral Anthea SAL, both of which I would like to embroider.

So of course, I just had to start one of Lesley´s patterns and leave the Anthea SAL until next year.

I have lost interest in my unfinished kitchen curtains,, but I  dragged myself to the sewing machine one afternoon and  sluggishly worked on them until dusk, and while adding  a crochet doily to the curtains, I  thought to also add one to a bookcover with some tiny crochet flowers.

Lots of patterns and tutorials on the internet to make these tiny flowers , You can find loads at All free crochet. I love them, quick and easy to crochet and you can brighten up all sorts of embroideries by adding a few…..

I added some here years ago on this hoop holder

And here on a patchwork block for Shez

I  stitched a little pearl bead in the middle of each crochet flower

And lined the cover with fabric from stash

Well, I got sidetracked, but I have finished the curtains. Not sure what sort of tiebacks to make, err, need to think about that. 

Some end of summer beauty.

Until next time,  


Thursday 10 September 2020

Fully Finished Gallery SAL - September

Hello Stitching friends,

On the 10th of each month Rachel from Ten Hour Stitcher hosts the Fully Finished Gallery SAL, which encourages us all to completely finish and give a use to any abandoned stitching we might have.

As we are still enjoying lovely sunny days here in the north of Spain, I´m sharing a summery beach pattern started a very long time ago, around 2006 (as the magazine testifies) and which only needed 2 or 3 rows of stitching to be completely finished. By the way the magazine is Labores del Hogar.

My daughter, who paid us a surprise visit a couple of weeks ago, suggested that I used the embroidery to make a little tote bag.... which she quickly claimed when finished..

I knew I had some red striped fabric in my stash which would go perfectly with the design but it was just a scrap and I had to struggle and juggle about with the fabric to make the most of it, so the stripes are only on the front part, the back is plain neutral linen.

Another piece of red gingham was ideal for the lining but...

I hardly have any red material left in my stash at all and I´m adding the need to my grocery list pinned to the fridge, so I won´t forget to buy some before Christmas when it will definitely be needed.

Kitchen curtain update
My curtains are still on the back burner, I thought that they were nearly finished but my daughter gaily told me that they need to be a bit longer, sigh -

of course she is right.  I have the problem that the kitchen window is next to the back door window which makes uneven length curtains, one long and the other short.

But I will get there sooner or later. Enjoy a lovely week everyone.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...