Thursday 29 March 2018

Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop

Hello Everyone,

Today I´m taking part in the Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop organised by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching.  Start at Jo´s blog and then hop from blog to blog collecting letters which will form a phrase.  When you know what the mystery sentence is, go back to Jo and leave a comment telling her what the phrase is.

All participants in this blog hop have to show a piece of Easter or Spring needlework and I stitched a pattern by Christiane Dahlbeck with the idea of making egg shaped candy holders.

I made three, changing the colour of the vase and flowers in each pattern, so as to match scraps of fabric from stash that I wanted to use.

I also saw a decorative hen at Iniana polka and decided to make one as a hideaway for more Easter eggs as I had a little basket which would fit perfectly under the hen.  I roughly cut out a pattern and followed the instructions.

I sent the hen and Easter eggs to my grandchildren which I hope they will like and went on to repair, not repair so much as do some alterations to a very old quilt I made many years ago.

but that is for another post, today you are here for a letter and here it is.

For your next letter, hop off to Astrid at astridxstitching.

Happy Easter.

Saturday 10 March 2018


Hi Everyone,

As soon as I saw this hardanger project I knew I had to make it as it is perfect for elegantly holding some of the potpourri I have dispersed in various corners of the house.  I changed the pattern a bit and added embroidery but the design is from Hardanger Creatif by Isabelle Corbé and although meant for potpourri, it could really hold anything.

I used  white linen of 25ct. which I had on hand and perlé cotton #12 and #8 so the holder is rather small but would be larger if using a different count fabric.

After the basic hardanger stitches, a blanket stitch surround, kloster blocks, wrapped bars and doves eyes, four tiny eyelets are made on each side of the four segments through which a cording is passed. Although the pattern includes no embroidery, I added a splash of colour with a couple of flowers.

I spray starched everything before using four lengths of crochet cording to lace up the sides, but it really needs that sugar stiffening treatment which I used on my Christmas snowflakes to firmly hold the sides when the potpourri is added.

Hope to do  that this weekend.  Thank you for visiting.


You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...