sunny day here in the north of Spain with only the growing coronavirus situation and political discrepancies clouding the
day. Best not to listen to more than the
News headlines and get working on some Halloween stitching. I thought that
today I might share one of my finished blackwork patterns by
This is one of her Blackwork with Birds patterns and I
really love the bright pretty colours
As my tiny pocket notebook could enjoy a surprise, I found
some tiny scraps of bright fabric and joined them to the embroidery to make a little cover and then added tiny seed beads to the embroidered
flowers although they don´t show up much.
I have at last, more or
less finished my kitchen curtains after having started them last year – I´m obviously
not suited to making large ítems as they
tend to fall by the wayside.
They are really only decorative and just hang at the sides
of the windows as one window is immediately above the sink and the other is the
glass back door. Well you can see by the photos what I mean. Having them drawn closed would mean one hanging in midair.
I didn´t buy any fabric at all for these curtains, just
used pieces of old curtains , embroidered handkies, bits of crochet, lace trims and odds and ends.
Apart from the inconvenience of sheer fabrics that slip and
slide all the time when measured or sewn, I was most concerned that the seams
be as small as possible and all edges hidden
or covered with a lace trim
flats in our building have one short curtain and one long and I started to make
a longer one for the door but it looked wrong and I didn´t continue. I´m still
wondering what sort of valance to make.
And lastly I must show you the wonderful pattern that June of Butterfly Wings has sent me.
It is called The Queen´s Treasure Chest and
includes yummy ribbons and threads.
Quite a large project which will keep me busy in the new year. Thank you very much June.
Hope to see you all again next week for Jo´s Trick or Treat Halloween Blog Hop. All information on her blog here.