Monday 24 August 2020

Old and New

Hi Everyone,
Since the coronavirus lockdown I seem to stay indoors much more than before the virus shook the world.  I have been sorting through old stitcheries, mainly finished ones but abandoned to my Dreaded Drawer when for one reason or another, their plannned destiny was aborted.

Discovering two small compact mirrors embroidered years ago, maybe five and still wrapped in plastic, I thought that with a pretty zipper holder they would make nice gifts for Christmas.


I made the two holders at the same time, both are lined and hopefully enhance each Hardanger design.



I wanted to add a detail in the lower corner of the holders and was intrigued with how Malina GM embroidered a sunflower on youtube, so I had a go at doing some petals - I didn´t want a sunflower, just petals and a center point and well, you can see in what my ameteur efforts resulted, an unidentifiable blue specimen.


and then just two inches of  scrap fabric served to complete a tiny scissor fob while watching tv.


I found a pretty pink lacey zip in my stash for the pink holder and some striped fabric for the lining.



And added a rose design, using applique this time


Another little scissor fob to match the Hardanger



and  I had a lot of fun making something pretty to protect the compact mirrors instead of being saved wrapped in plastic

Thank you for stopping by and looking.
Sheryl

23 comments:

  1. They are absolutely beautiful Sheryl and I think they will make the most delightful Christmas gifts. Hope you are enjoying a lovely week! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just adorable!! What amazing gifts they'll be:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so unique! I like them both a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, your stitching and finishing is stunning! Wonderful gifts for some very lucky people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your work Sheryl so pretty and you are amazing with you finishing .
    Thank you for my chart and the lovely sweet extra gift , it's hanging on my blossom flowers in my lounge so I can look at it each day .
    Enjoy your new week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just delightful! I am so in awe of the beautiful and original work you do. You take something and create a masterpiece! Thank you for sharing your lovely work with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are completely delightful. Beautiful upgrades for the mirrors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable, as usual. The pouches match so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love when I find little treasures hidden away that I can turn into nice gifts. You have done just that with the little compacts. Anyone would be fortunate to get one. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty, each purse goes perfectly with the mirror. Your Hardanger is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Great gifts. Do you remember where you bought the mirrors from Sheryl? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lin, I bought them and other metal purse frames from GinaPurseFrame.

      Delete
  12. So beautiful Susan.
    Have a nice day. Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, your "Dreaded Drawer" is not filled with dread but with exquisite pretties for you to rediscover once again. These two sweet purses are lovely, overspilling with exquisiteness, that you always seem to do. Love the embroidered flower....'tis perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, wonderful stitching Sheryl!
    Each purse and mirror is beautiful!
    Love the little fobs too!
    The lucky recipients will love them I’m sure!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. These will be wonderful (and useful!) gifts, Sheryl! I really like the look of the blue flower, too. The little bags definitely make the compacts a truly special gift. Hope you enjoy these last few days of August, Sheryl ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. The recipients are going to be thrilled to receive such a beautiful gift. The hardanger is gorgeous and the accompanying bags coordinate perfectly. You have such a talent for creating beautiful things. I think your "Dreaded Drawer" is truly a treasure chest!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two more great games saved from the drawer of shame! Well done, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sheryl I always marvel at your work. It is so beautiful. Your friends are going to be thrilled to pieced to receive such lovely gifts. The hardanger is beyond gorgeous. YOu have such a great talent. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your little bags/pouches are always so beautiful. Everything is so perfectly coordinated. :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...