Wednesday 31 December 2014

Bye bye 2014

Was it really just last week that I was excitedly running about buying and wrapping last minute gifts, organising bedrooms, cooking food and adding decorative Christmas touches to the house?  Now that the extra chairs have gone back into storage and the plates and cutlery sorted and put away once again, I was beginning to wonder if I had imagined the delightful company of seven family members including three youngsters here last week, until my doubts dissipated this morning when I trod on a solitary plastic wheel from a dismembered toy car.  Where did everyone go?  Where did the days go?

Today is the December Smalls check-in.  I didn´t have much time this month for stitching but I did sew up this little design which I had discarded to the UFO drawer.




This is The Lavender Girl, a free pattern from The Snowflower Diaries.



I discarded the design because I wasn´t pleased with my choice of fabric as the arms and legs are barely visable.  She is barefoot in the original pattern but I added shoes so you can at least distinguish where her legs end.



Heather at Stitching Lotus hosts the Smalls SAL which will continue in 2015.  So if you would like to join this group and stitch a little something each month, just click on my sidebar button and get yourself signed up.

TUSAL

The check-in for the Totally Useless SAL was last week when I had so little time to get to my computer, so I´m really late in showing my ORTs jar, but here it is.


You can find out more about this SAL which will also continue next year, by visiting Sharon at It´s Daffycat - just click on my sidebar button.

Wishing all my blogging friends and visitors a very Happy New Year.





17 comments:

  1. It sure does feel as though time is just whizzing past us lately!
    Am happy to read that you had a lovely Christmas :) Any time spent with family is precious.
    I love how you've finished your lavender girl:) Very clever using the beads!
    Wishing you and your loved ones a prosperous and safe new years x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year. Love the beads on your Lavender Girl. I think it is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet finish for your lavender girl. The flesh tones show up just fine on my monitor.
    Best wishes for a happy, healthy, stitchy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you retrieved your little lavender girl from the drawer, Sheryl--the addition of tiny shoes was perfect and I can see her legs just fine :) I love how you've finished her...

    It's hard to believe how quickly the Christmas holiday passes by considering the hours and hours we spend preparing for it! I'm sure it was wonderful to have youngsters in the house--I really miss that age at Christmas time.

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely smalls finish! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't figure out where the time went either! I do believe you may need a slightly larger ORT jar. Haha.

    I do love the lavender girl finish. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the adorable finish Sheryl. Her skin color is just fine.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is lovely, especially with the addition of the beading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a lovely finish and the beadwork is beautiful :) Happy new year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Piękny haft! Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely cross stitch work! I love handmade works!!
    Brazilian hugs,
    Priscila

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh, your lovely little Lavender Girl has seen the light of the day again. And she is looking so beautiful, all finished up.
    Happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. firstly, Happy New year to you.. your finish is elegant.. I love it..love the idea of using the beads and laces.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your lavender girl....very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...