Thursday 28 August 2014

Smalls SAL - August

Another hot day here today, far too hot to be cooking, ironing or exerting oneself to do the majority of household chores, so here I am with my Smalls embroidery for this month.  I decided to stitch a little needle book this month and more or less followed and altered a free pattern from the Caron collection which can be found here,


I chose a piece of 32ct star sapphire linen and  Anchor pearl cotton Nº 12 and Nº 8.


In the end I only used pearl cotton Nº 12 and I decorated some of the Kloster blocks with DMC 926 and some tiny beads.



I made the inside and back with fabric from my stash, lined the needle book with thin batting and added a row of tiny beads to the centre piece of felt, ´cause I do love a smattering of beads or sequins wherever I can put them.



Finally I added a piece of cording to hold the case closed.  Blue cording made the needle book look green, and green cording made it look blue.  So I chose green because I had some on hand.



I quite like the result.  If you wish to find out more about this Smalls SAL, which you may join anytime during the year, click on my sidebar button which will take you to Stitching Lotus and all the information.  Thank you for passing by.

Linking to Supermom-no cape stitchery party





25 comments:

  1. What an exquisite piece! Your needles are definitely living in style now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness,,,that is so beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous!! Much prettier than the original! I wouldn't have thought them to be the same piece. Excellent work! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sheryl
    You did a very delicate work and so beautiful!!
    I just published my part today, I'm late...
    Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my, that is so delicate and dainty--just beautiful work, Sheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheryl - your work never ceases to amaze me! This needle book is delicate and elegant! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your needlebook is incredibly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful! The stitching is exquisite and you've done it proud with the way you've assembled the needle book

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheryl, I am yet again absolutely blown away by your gorgeous finishing!! That is absolutely stunning! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheryl,
    This is absolutely beautiful! Wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do such beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The needlebook is beautifully stitched and finished.
    Hardanger is one stitching technique I have yet to master.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Sheryl! This is beautiful... I used to do some Hardanger embroidery and this has made me want to make another project.... although I don't know when I will have time to fit it in!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous! I have yet to try Hardanger embroidery. Yours is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice finish. Hardanger embroidery always fascinates me. I am giving a try in aida cloth and happy to see the result. your needlebook inspires me to get a hardanger cloth and try a project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your needlebook is gorgeous. I love the addition of the beads. Hardanger is something I haven't attempted yet.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last Monday's Stitchery Link Party! Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Это очень красиво!)) Влюблена в Хардангер.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...