Monday 5 July 2021

Let the People Choose - July

 It`s time again for the People Choice  SAL hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching


This month´s topic is houses and if I didn´t have many butterflies for last month´s topic,  I certainly have quite a few houses to show.

 Firstly, an easy to recognise design of Michael Powell´s cross stitch cottages.  I finished the chart and then just went on adding more and more cottages until I got to the end of the fabric.  That was about 10 years ago, so it would be nice to get the design made into something and take it out of the depths of the Dreaded Drawer.


Another cottage by Michael, this time made into a little scissor holder

An applique table runner made as a Christmas gift for a friend, I didn´t have a pattern for this but copied the idea from a Xmas display in a shop window.

A little tissue holder house made for a friend who only wanted me to use the colour brown, so I added a little bling to brighten things.  Lots of beads and sequins.


I seem to have sewn more houses  than embroidered them, more little tape measure houses as Christmas gifts.



and an unknown pattern of a snowy Christmas scene. 

I  have been more inspired to sew houses around December and one year made a Christmas tree skirt for the grandchildren.


I´ve left this post to be automatically published while I´m away soaking up the sun – well at least I hope to find the sun as in the north, we have had a rotten few weeks weatherwise.  So see you all soon.

Sheryl.

17 comments:

  1. So many pretty houses, and many of them so useful! I especially like the little tape measures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done so many lovely "home" projects! They are all so delightful and beautiful. Thanks for posting so much fun eye candy. Hope you get your sunshine. -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful and varied house stitching, Sheryl! I bet your grandchildren love that pretty tree skirt so much. Hoping you are having a nice visit and getting some sunshine. Safe travels home ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice variety! The scissors case is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely collection of houses - I especially love the little tape measure cases.
    Hope you are finding the sun - its been funny old weather here too, not at all like the end of June and beginning of July that we are used to. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful houses , have fun in the sun hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful works as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you really are enjoying the sun!

    You've produced some really lovely houses over the years, haven't you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. Love all your little houses, especially the Michael Powell Street, what a good idea just to keep going building more houses!
    The tape measures are very cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are cute! I think the scissors case and the tissue holders are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many cute houses! I love how you just kept adding cottages to the piece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sheryl, Your talent and creativity is boundless!! I just love those cottages and love that you just added more, that has got to be rescued from your drawer. It is too beautiful not to display. The scissor hold is so cute and I love how you created your own design of the table runner from just seeing it in a store!! Those are the sweetest tape measure holders I have ever seen! The Christmas tree skirt I hope becomes a treasure heirloom...
    Have a safe trip and I hope your mojo returns!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely stitched houses which give a very nice street! The table runner and tree skirt must be a treasure to set for Christmas every year. Very great appliqué work, you're a pro! Hugs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely work! The tissue house is so pretty - I always love a little bling.

    ReplyDelete

  15. great post!Like your blog, thank you for sharing.
    luxhairshop human hair closure
    These contents have greatly helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many lovely houses, the tissue box house is especially adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Susan, such beautiful and creative ways to make, stitch, embroider these precious houses. Love them.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...