Friday, 24 February 2017

Smalls SAL check-in - February

Today I´m joining Heather of Stitching Lotus for the Smalls SAL monthly check-in.  I embroidered a label for a jar of buttons.

The pattern is a free one from Isazabelle and can be found here.  I also tried out a new variegated thread in our shops by DMC called Coloris.

I have a box of buttons holding, not pretty bright quirky buttons like those that abound our needlework shops nowadays and are difficult to resist ..

... but a sad box of ordinary buttons which were saved, along with zips, before discarding clothing thirty odd years ago when my children were small and I did a lot of sewing. This button box has always sat in the dark depths of my wardrobe and as its contents have provided an untiringly faithful service over the years they are meritorious of a handsomer receptacle.

I added a few teeny weeny buttons to the finished pattern, edged it with a rather dull blue cording which I had on hand and backed the piece with interfacing and then glued it to the jar.

I like the result, definately an improvement and can see that I need more of these jars to sit in a row, twinkling in the sunlight on decorative shelves.....Does that mean I am going to have to buy some shelves to match buttons??

Thank you for visiting.

Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Valentine´s Day and GG. post

I wanted to publish this yesterday and wish everyone a Happy Valentine´s day but I had internet problems and couldn´t publish my post.  With help from my technician all is ok today and I can join in with the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching.

For Valentine´s Day, I thought I would stitch something really romantic and emblematic and what could be more so than a notepaper holder? .... no? ... well maybe not, but at least my little cardboard holder looks prettier now with a few amateurishly styled ribbon roses.

The pink Mokuba ribbon was gifted to me, so making this embroidery valid for the GG SAL and I wanted to do the roses in varous shades of pink but this ribbon is very hard to find where I live and the colour choice practically non existant, so I had to use what was available and that was  beige and white.

I started with doing a bit of trellis stitch using DMC thread and then ventured on with the roses.

I embroidered some tiny pink buds with floss which would have looked better done with the ribbon...too late now.

See you next week,

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...