Monday 21 June 2021

Two Mermaids

 Hi Everyone,

Well I can´t but feel a bit more enthusiastic  this week as my husband, my son and I are off to visit my daughter and grandkids next week.  They live in Madrid, a four hour journey from the north coast of Spain and we haven´t seen them for nearly a year.  So with making plans and such I still haven´t regained my sewing mojo but I have finished  a couple of UFOs.

I made lots of little mermaid pouches years ago more or less when I started blogging and as I still had some remaining fabric, last year I started to embroider more mermaids. but I couldn´t finish them completely until I bought more metal clasps.


These two mermaids are the same color and practically mirror images, I just add a few threads of coloured flowers as I go along and don´t use a pattern, so the embroideries are similar but all different, some have beads and others sequins. 

A smattering of embroidery on the reverse sides and more beads to decórate the clasps


 and  some soft pretty coloured satin for the linings.



I received two pretty cross stitch patterns from June of Butterfly Wings this week and am going to start one  right away and see if my enthusiasm returns. Thank you June.  I´m taking the pattern with me to Madrid next week.

Until next week

Sheryl

                                                    

20 comments:

  1. Lovely stitch pattern from June, she's a sweet lady. I love the mermaid purses. do you sell them. I love mermaids. Would you email me and let me know. big hugs Lynda Ruth Jasmine_Ms.Button@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Qué bien que puedas visitar a tus nietos y tu hija en Madrid, estarás super-contenta.
    Esas carteritas son obras de arte ¡¡qué bonitas!!
    Disfruta de tu viaje y BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those purses are so pretty! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, your little mermaid purses are exquisite,Sheryl. So many glorious details to delight the eyes. Have a lovely time away. How exciting to see your daughter and your grandkids again, after such a long time. Your new little cross stitch patterns are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you Sherly , how lovely to get away and see your family again.
    Oh my those sweet mermaid purses are really beautiful.
    You have so much talent .
    Enjoy your trip and have a wonderful time .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous little mermaid pouches. Have a lovely time with your family in Madrid. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mermaid pouches are exquisite Sheryl. Looks like some mojo found you. I hope your long waited for visit fills you with love and joy. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are just wonderful!
    Have a nice and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What delightful little mermaids! Enjoy your trip..

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mermaids are cute. I really like the garden and birdhouse cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, aren't these just the prettiest, Sheryl! So glad you finished them up--I can't get over the fact that you designed these without a pattern and love the idea that each one is a bit different...

    I know you are counting the hours til you see your daughter and grandchildren again. Have a safe trip and enjoy every minute ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those purses are lovely, who doesn't love a mermaid?
    Hope the trip to see family goes well, it's been such a long while for so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those mermaids are great, so creative! Hope you are having a great time visiting your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Mermaids are just stunning and I absolutely adore your finishing of them. I hope your mojo returns, your talent and creativity is a gift. Enjoy your time with your family, a year is a long time and you will have lots of catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you have a wonderful time together, it's certainly well deserved!
    Your mermaids are so beautiful, such treasures.
    June sent you a sweet pattern, lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those look great Sheryl! I love how you add the flowers too. I see they are filled with treasures; are they going to Madrid also? Hope you have a great family visit and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Sheryl, just amazing work on the mermaid pouchs. They are so special.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good job! i also love the beads on the claps.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love to embroider, especially sheep, there are now a number of embroidery projects waiting to be touched again, but I'm currently focused on crocheting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...