Saturday 31 July 2021

Tray Cloth

 Hello everyone,

Another month over and again very little stitching done. My daughter and her three children are coming  to stay next month and I have been  busy arranging the house for their stay and making the most of all the arranging, to clear out unwanted furniture and ítems.

I thought I might show a tray cloth that I made some time ago.  It doesn´t fit any tray that I have and I didn´t want to make the pattern any smaller, so it will probably be gifted in the future.


I found the design in the magazine Labores and was keen to start the pattern  straight away as I had  a piece of natural coloured linen on hand and the recommended floss colours.  I chose a pretty red printed fabric for the surround.



I like to stitch designs that include different embroidery stitches,  and this includes:  punto de margarita, tallo, feston, nudo, estrella, bolonia and carril.  I added a few tiny heart shaped buttons and a piece of red trim.


I really like the end result, there was a tiny bit of quilting to do which I completed by sewing machine……. Only need a tray now.


I hope everyone is enjoying the summer,  here in the north of Spain, we are still awaiting sunny days .  I am very behind on blog visiting but hope to visit everyone during the next month.

Sheryl

12 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your red and white tray cloth is so beautifully stitched and finished, Sheryl! Lovely work on all of the specialty stitches...

    I hope you have a wonderful visit with your daughter and grandchildren! I know they'll keep you very busy :) Happy August to you--hope the sun shines soon! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tray cloth,I love it. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sheryl, so precious, wonderful stitching. Hope you get a tray that fits soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tray cloth .
    So pretty.
    Enjoy you family time , we have lost our sunny days to .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shery, the tray cloth is so pretty. All the fabrics are charming and the embroidery, just a delight! So many pretty stitches! Enjoy a wonderful time with your daughter and grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cloth Sheryl. I hope you enjoy your family visit and the sun shines - not at all summery here either. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great tray cloth, the different stitches are lovely. Could you use it as a small table cloth?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's charming, and the quilting will help it to protect any surface, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful project Sheryl and I hope you have a wonderful time with your daughter and grandchildren! Have a lovely week! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a lovely tray cloth, even without the tray!
    Hope you enjoy your family visit.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...