Saturday 5 June 2021

Let the People Choose - June

 Hello Everyone,

It´s time to check-in for the `Let the People Choose´  SAL hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching and while my stitching mojo is at its lowest,  I can at least join everyone with embroideries done in the past.

I thought I had stitched lots of butterflies, which is our theme for this month but alas, I´m wrong  I seem to have embroidered very few over the years  and all are very tiny .

The Rhodes Butterfly biscornu by The Sweetheart Tree is the first and only biscornu I have ever made,  and shows  four Rhodes stitch butterflies.  Both sides of this biscornu are the same.

but the little matching scissor fob  has a different design each side.


There are two butterflies in this Blackwork Flowers and Birds design by Lesley Teare,  I have more in this series to embroider later this year.

And another  pretty pattern by Lesley called Blackwork Anemone, a free pattern which you can find here.


An  unknown  design stitched years ago and abandoned because  I felt I should have used a brighter floss colour or a different background fabric.

Lastly a tiny butterfly can be seen in the month of March of The Snowflower Diaries Joyful World Calender SAL. – I wonder if I will ever finish the series.


I photographed this beauty in the garden.  I think it is  a Swallowtail butterfly.


Thank you for stopping by and looking.

Sheryl

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in the People's Choice this month. You might not have stitched many butterflies but they are all beautiful. Especially that first biscornu. Lovely the Rhodes Stitch used to make the butterflies themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some delightful little butterflies. Jo always does such a fantastic job choosing themes. -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a sweet collection of butterflies. I especially like the biscornu and scissor fob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Tis always a joy to stop at your lovely place, Sheryl, to look upon your exquisite embroideries. So, so many sweet little butterflies; all so different. Take care. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these are very pretty. I love the little butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such beautiful Butterflies .

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many wonderful works and finishes with butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great biscornu, lovely pattern. I always enjoy to see the blackwork flowers in your posts, such a nice stitching. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I just love the heart you abandoned!! So soft and pretty, I know you can finish that into something special. The biscourne is so pretty too...I haven't stitched in a couple of months...Eye floaters that drive me nuts..hope to get back to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Small, but beautiful butterflies, Sheryl! I especially love the Rhodes stitch butterflies--so lovely. I hope you finish that abandoned heart--the colors look so soft and pretty (at least on my computer screen :) Hope you have a lovely week ahead ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe not as many as you thought, but they are lovely all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of lovely butterflies and I do love a Biscornu. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice collection of butterfly projects. I also stitched the Blackwork Anemone. I love how it looks in a round frame.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many pretty butterflies Sheryl. Your projects are all exquisite as they always are! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think I've ever used Rhodes stitches to stitch butterflies, but I think I'll need to try - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful butterflies! I love the Sweetheart Tree biscornu, and I'd forgotten there are butterflies in the Joyful World calendar. Very pretty stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have some lovely little butterflies! I like the one you abandoned, I think it looks good as is. What month have you gone up to? I only have the last three months to do.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...