Monday 17 May 2021

Gifted Gorgeousness - May

 Hello Everyone,

It is time for the Gifted Gorgeousness check-in hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching and although I seem to have fallen into a stitching slump these past few weeks, with very little to show, I have managed to finish a little  pouch for a young lady who likes a romantic pink theme´



The pattern is called Heart of My Heart and it is another design by Abi Gurden of Bee´s Needleworks and it´s worked on 28ct fabric, using Perle cotton Nº 8 and Nº 12 for the small Hardanger heart and floss colours of one´s choice for the rest.  Also added seed beads.


A fun design which  includes Eyelet hearts, Rhodes hearts, Diamond Ray and Diamond Rhodes stitches but I ran into  trouble with the Queen stitch and had to undo the two pink hearts because I just couldn´t see or appreciate the stitches.


I did use the fabric and number of threads required but I didn´t like the result and ended up with a worse disaster  on choosing to leave a gap between each row of Queen stitches – terrible- so don´t look at that part of the pattern - look at my splendid orchid instead.

As the design is all embroidered hearts, the pouch also had to be that shape.


Hope it will be useful.


  My last photo is that of the gorgeous flowers I was gifted for Mother´s day which is celebrated here in Spain on the first Sunday of May.

Thank you for stopping by and looking,

Sheryl

19 comments:

  1. Perfect post to "voir la vie en rose"! I like the fact you have mixed different kind of stitches. Lovely flowers! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pues me parece precioso tu bordado y la bolsita es una monada, me encanta. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your heart pouch is exquisite, Sheryl. So many lovely stitches. All is splendid to my eyes! Gorgeous flowers, too; a beautiful bouquet of spring loveliness. I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful stitching Sheryl!
    Absolutely beautiful pouch! I hope the young lady loves it!
    Hope you are keeping safe and well!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your heart pouch is so beautiful. You are a better person than I am - I would keep it for myself instead of gifting it, hard as it is for me to admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers and a lovely heart pouch, very pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely little heart pouch. I like all the different stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pouch may have been fiddly, but it looks charming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although I understand why you're aggravated with the results - I think it looks lovely. Your Mother's Day flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pink hear ,so pretty.
    Lovely flowers for a lovely lady .

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a beautiful job finishing the pouch! Also, your flower bouquet is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. è bellissimo Sheryl, mi piace l'inserto in hardanger

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an absolutely beautiful pouch Sheryl I am sure the recipient will be delighted with it! Lovely flowers too! Have a lovely weekend! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Sheryl, such a beautiful and delicate stitchery. The young lady must be so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the way you have finished this into a heart shape.
    I often change the number of strands used to show off the stitch details better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sheryl I think it looks very pretty and that you did a great job. I am sure it will be very useful to the recipient! Those are some gorgeous flowers you have received!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that design of Abi's, Sheryl. I've stitched it twice, once in pink and once in blue. I like your idea of a pouch finish.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, your work is just absolutely gorgeous, Sheryl--so delicate and fine! Both your stitching and finishing of this pretty pouch are wonderful and I know the recipient will love it. Such pretty Mother's Day flowers, too--hope you have a relaxing weekend ahead ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that's gorgeous, and the finishing is just perfect! I know you'll appreciate the compliment when I say 'this is better than anything one could buy in a store'! :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...