I have had a really busy week stitching and enjoying the last of our wonderful summer days. While I was lazing about outside one afternoon, I glanced at our mesh food cover and thought it to be the perfect base for a loom flower makeover.
The difficulty was in finding a flower loom as I had thought that our needlework shops would stock them, well no such luck. I eventually found one at a local Chinese bazaar.
The packet contained several different plastic shapes and size looms, brief basic instructions on how to make flowers and a large eyed needle to assist with the future wonders one is about to create.
I chose to use scraps of wool from my stash but you could use yarn, ribbon or raffia or combine
There are lots of great tutorials on the internet but I didn´t make any fancy blooms, just stuck to the easy straight forward ones thinking to add embellishment with some bright pretty buttons from my collection which contrarily and unhelpfully only produced a couple of sad examples.
I had fun using this new toy and love my new food cover. I can see the little loom is going to be very handy for future projects.
Until next week.