Saturday 15 September 2018

Flower power

Hi Everyone,

I have had a really busy week stitching and enjoying the last of our wonderful summer days.  While I was lazing about outside one afternoon, I glanced at our mesh food cover and thought it to be the perfect base for a loom flower makeover.



The difficulty was in finding a flower loom as I had thought that our needlework shops would stock them, well no such luck.  I eventually found one at a local Chinese bazaar.



The packet contained several different plastic shapes and size looms, brief basic instructions on how to make flowers and a large eyed needle to assist with the future wonders one is about to create.



I chose to use scraps of wool from my stash but you could use yarn, ribbon or raffia or combine
them. 


There are lots of great tutorials on the internet but I didn´t make any fancy blooms, just stuck to the easy straight forward ones thinking to add embellishment with some bright pretty buttons from my collection which contrarily and unhelpfully only produced a couple of sad examples.



I had fun using this new toy and love my new food cover. I can see the little loom is going to be very handy for future projects.

Until next week.
Sheryl

26 comments:

  1. Love your pretty food cover.Thanks for inspiration!Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this is fun! And a great way to use up those little bits of yarn that are too small to make anything else with hah. Funny how that blue matched perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous your food cover looks with those pretty loom flowers flourishing all over it, Sheryl! Love, love, love those flowers. Me thinks I need a few of these little looms. Just imagine what one could fashion from them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherryl,
    I have such a cover, but it is shaped slightly differently, and unfortunately I can not implement this idea here.
    A pity, because your flowery cover looks terrific. A great idea to beautify something simple.
    Have a nice week, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is so pretty. Only you cab think of this idea of decorating the food cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. Your food cover looks very pretty.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers look gorgeous! Well done Sheryl!
    Isn’t it typical..... if you are like me, I bet you have a lifetimes worth of buttons, but when you want to use them there isn’t just the right sort!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s an interesting idea! It turned out lovely and colourful:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever idea!! I think this must have been one of your fastest projects. I wonder if the bees are attracted to your pretty flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a set of those looms in a drawer somewhere. I bought them at least 25-30 years ago. I never thought of using the flowers for covering a food keeper. So cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not seen a flower loom since my childhood!
    A great makeover for the mesh cover.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun! I had some of those looms when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fun! How lucky that you found the loom and instructions too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sheryl omg what a wonderful idea and the cover looks awesome and so pretty,well done my clever friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful idea! Once again, your creativity and talent amazes me.

    It's always a joy visiting here with you and seeing your beauty ♡

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sheryl, you always do such a lovely job on your projects. This one is so colorful and charming. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, you have to be one of the most creative crafters out there, Sheryl! What a wonderful idea--it certainly jazzed up a plain cover (I just hope the bees aren't attracted to all of those flowers ;)

    Hope you are still enjoying some lovely summer weather. It is turning cooler here over the weekend, but I hope we still have some warm days left before the cold really sets in.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This just awesome, what a creative idea. And the result looks so summer-y, so fresh. I agree with Carol, you are one of the most creative crafters I know.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, my goodness, you are so very clever! This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sheryl wow what an amazing food cover i love very much what you have done,you are very clever my friend. I have started a new blog if you would like to follow me and i am also your newest follower.cheers Shez xx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...