Thursday 7 September 2017

The Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade 2017

Hello everyone,


Today I am joining Ida at My Sister Made Me Do It to join in the fun with this year´s pincushion parade.  Lots of interesting pincushions to be seen by the different participants and prizes to be won.

As I took part in the two previous parades, most of my collection has already been seen and I don´t have very many anyway, however I made the Mr Minion pincushion a few weeks back for my seven year old grandson who was here visiting and as he certainly doesn´t need a pincushion, he used Mr Minion´s upright arm to store his wristbands.


The pattern and very clear instructions can be found here.

I have three favourite pincushions, one a simple design and finished with lots of mother of pearl buttons which I showed on my blog last week, another rather different redwork triangle which I stuffed with rice and is nice and weighty and another embroidered design by Danybrod which I only grew to like when I had finished the embellishing.




The next two pincushions are from last year´s parade.  The May Flowers pincushion, a free pattern from Needle Knowledge found here, and my little hedgehog.



 Two hardanger patterns by Mabel Figworthy and sewn into ornaments always seem to get used as pincushions as they hang in different bedrooms.



I don´t think I have anymore to add to my parade only maybe a photo of the worst sewing addy  which I made a couple of years ago and really hate, so less said about it the better.


If you would like to show your own pincushions and join in the parade, just link up, you have until the 16th, see you there.
Sheryl

27 comments:

  1. Your pincushions are all beautiful , but I love the last one the sheep he is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the Minion! My favourites would have to be the red work one and the little hedgehog - I have a think about echidnas so hedgehogs are very close lol. And I'm afraid that I do like that little sheep sewing caddy, although I can't quite work out its base rather than feet ( do they hold needles or something in there?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your parade of pincushions is a treat to gaze upon, Sheryl. I cannot choose a favourite as all are uniquely beautiful. All have such gorgeous details. Have I said it before......you stitch so many glorious pretties. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheryl,wow you always do such beautiful work,your pin cushions are amazing thankyou for sharing my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching and amazing photography!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pincushions! It's hard to choose a favorite but the one with the hanging buttons is out in front...and the two with the yellow embellishment are lovelt,as well....and even the lamb y ou entered as your "ugly is very endearing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pincushions! It's hard to choose a favorite but the one with the hanging buttons is out in front...and the two with the yellow embellishment are lovelt,as well....and even the lamb y ou entered as your "ugly is very endearing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pincushions are just stunning. I love the one with the buttons and crochet on it. It's much too elegant to use as a pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely all of them - my favourite though has to be the pretty MOP button embellished one closely followed by the redwork and the hedgehog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I find myself thinking I need to make a pincushion for the spare room....!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr Minion looks very cute.
    I love all your pincushion.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your makes. They are so unique. Especially the sheep. I love it. It is so useful... it would be a joy to have that sit on my table and use it.
    You are so talented...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh i love your pincushions, so different, so nice. And Mr. Minion looks great.
    Hugs, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a lovely collection of pincushions:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You hate your sewing caddy? I think it's really cute - and wonderfully functional too. Seeing the one with the buttons has given me an idea - might have to make one (or ten!) to use up some of my button collection. Enjoyed my visit - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a clever idea to make this little Minion for your grandson. They juts love them at that age. And it is even used for something as can be seen.
    All your pincushions are wonderful, a great parade. My favorite would be the one you showed last time with all the mother of pearly buttons all around. I love this button idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sheryl, I"m popping in from Queensland Australia, Saw you work on PPPP Its lovely

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love them all... especially the triangle one. Will have to make one of those. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sheryl, I had to comment again just to say your photography is excellent. I wish I knew how to photograph my creations with the beautiful background and lighting in yours....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really enjoyed seeing your pincushions - the Minion is adorable, and I just love the one with button lace trim and the ... is it called a humbug, that redwork one? Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great collection of pincushions. My favourites are the redwork and the may flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a delightful parade, Sheryl! They are all so very different, but so perfectly finished... The Minion is too cute--I'm sure your little grandson loves him :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. All your pincushions are lovely, Sheryl!
    I especially love your "May Flowers" ..... the stitches look like velvet!
    Gorgeous work!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oops, I meant the yellow pincushion above "May Flowers", sorry I misread them.
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love these! That minion is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, so hard to choose a favourite. Maybe the very pretty, yellow Danybrod one.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...