Friday 29 September 2017

Smalls SAL - September

Hi Everyone,
Today I´m joining Heather at the Stitching Lotus for this month´s Smalls SAL check-in.  Nothing that I have been working on this month has met with my approval for some reason or another so I´m showing here a piece of summer stitching done during my blogging break.  One day I unenthusiastically explored the Dreaded UFO Drawer and decided to completely finish an abandoned scissor fob project.



The design is a well known one, the Rhodes Butterfly by The Sweetheart Tree.  I made the biscornu years ago and liked it so much that I kept it for myself  (seen here) and forgot about the gift it was intended to be but then I lost interest in finishing the matching scissor fob because although I think they are so very decorative, I don´t find them practical.



I completed the stitching but not without some difficulty and certainly not as the design indicates since I couldn´t find the original pattern and had to base the remaining  stitching on what had already been started.



However, I´m pleased to have got this little UFO out of the drawer and finished although I may change the tassel and cording as I don´t particularly like the dark green thread chosen by yours faithfully, sigh.

Until next time,
Sheryl

21 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love sets and things that match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i love your little finish, very pretty!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I agree about the scissor fob, mostly they get in the way. But I will put one on my good scissors when I go to a retreat so I can easily keep mine on my table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheryl,oh I love your set you do such beautiful work my friend,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very pretty. Maybe you could use it as a Christmas decoration - or maybe an anytime decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sheryl.
    wonderful finish. I like both.
    Have a nice weeken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet colour and beautiful finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very pretty Sheryl. I like the cord and tassel and would be more inclined to change the ribbon on the biscornu to match. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, Sheryl, a wonderful finish. It must be a good feeling to get another UFO finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love pink and green and Sweetheart Tree pieces are beautiful. You have done lovely work as always! There is a lot of fussy stitching on Sweetheart Tree pieces but they are gorgeous when done. I do so enjoy seeing your pieces. You are always doing something creative and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely Smalls. The colors are so pretty. Always good to whip some UFOs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute scissor fob! Congrats on completing the UFO.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful work again , you do make some beautiful items.
    And how great to use up a UFO .

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love biscornus so I just love this matching set of scissor fob and biscornu.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can just imagine the beauty hidden away in your UFO drawer, Sheryl. It would be a visual feast. As ever, your embroidery is like no other...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it's perfect! Another gorgeous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very pretty set, Sheryl!
    Well done on another finish!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful set, Sheryl! I love it, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How pretty those rhodes butterflies are, Sheryl! I can imagine they were a bit tricky to stitch... I have only done Rhodes hearts--which I loved. Should learn to do the butterflies, too :)

    A lovely finish! Hope you are enjoying some wonderful October weather...

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty. I guessed it was a Sweetheart Tree even before I scrolled down to see. I think it is perfect as a small ornie if you don't want it attached to your scissors.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...