Tuesday 15 February 2022

Adding some Shabby Chic

 Hello Blogging friends,

I´m late for a Valentine´s Day post, somehow I thought the day fell on Tuesday (today) so I can only hope that everyone spent a lovely time yesterday and found a moment to be with friends or family.

Continuing with my Decor Improvement Plan and trying to get in the romantic mood for Valentine´s day, this month I thought I would replace my bedroom cushions and covers with some pretty Shabby Chic ones.


Not a lot of pink fabric in my stash and even my lace odds and ends are getting scarce, but that is a good challenge to try and make the most of them.



The pink striped fabric was once a blouse and the narrow lace edging adorned my kitchen curtains many years ago.


I used the hem presser foot on my sewing machine for the tiny narrow hems to make the frills but then couldn´t find the gathering foot which made me wonder if I actually ever had one...or just always wanted one.... so useful.



Some very amateurish fabric flowers and a go at making French applique roses.




The last cushion is the one with the most bits of lace and ribbon, probably my favourite as another embroidered one is as yet unfinished and not shown here.



Thank you for stopping by and looking.
Sheryl

20 comments:

  1. Una auténtica colección romántica y un montón de materiales a los que les has dado utilidad. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, what a flood of creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pillows I love them.
    Have a fun day hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both the roses! Your cushions are beautiful! Well done!
    🤗 Barbara xx 🙋‍♀️👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Sheryl, they must look lovely in your bedroom. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you made the pillow from an old top and repurposed lace!! You are so creative! It all turned out so pretty in Pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful collection of pretty cushions and a very good use of some scraps of lace and fabric. You are very creative with your ideas Sheryl. Hope you are having a good week! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely collection of pillows.
    They are all beautiful.
    Have a nice day, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. All cushions are exquisite, Sheryl! Love all the pretty details dancing on each cushion. Your fabric roses look fabulous to me. LOVE the last photo of the little bear resting on the cushions...so very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything! The pillow with the four flowers on it is my favorite!
    Hope your Valentine's day was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful pillows, I'm sure your bedroom looks lovely now! I love how you repurpose to create new things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've enjoyed your posts and the idea of working on home decor. These projects in pinks are so pretty. Repurposing is something I love to do too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many great ideas for your bedroom pillows. How smart to put together your fabric and ribbons in such nice patterns. Love the roses you add too. Well done! Thanks for sharing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a fancy pile of pink! Great way to use the stored fabric and trims too. I wonder if Vickie has seen this post yet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty stack of pillows, Sheryl! I don't have much pink in my stash so I would be hard-pressed to make anything like these. I love how different each one is--very pretty and fun! Hope you have a relaxing weekend ahead. Take care now ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did you get the parcel I sent you. hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet Lynda, I will let you know as soon as it arrives. xx

      Delete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...