Wednesday 26 June 2019

The Forgotten Sampler

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday, while making a start at sorting out my photo files which I reckon is going to take a few years, I came across some photos of an embroidery which I don´t think I ever included in this stitching journal of mine.



The Romantique Sampler by Angie, stitched when released sometime around 2012, a pretty design as are all her samplers and can be found on her blog here.



I started the embroidery with the idea of making a cushion cover but changed my mind on realizing how badly my other applique cushions covers had fared over the years - I´ve never ever posted about those cushions, made with diligence during my patchwork classes and now faded into oblivion.




I think a very good idea for any future `last forever´cushions would be to make some pinafores as seen on Mary and RJ´s blog.



Looking at my embroidery after so many years, I really can´t understand why I didn´t center correctly the middle pattern.  I remember changing it from the original because I wanted to incorporate my initial S, but it looks terrible and will have to be redone if I can track down the colours I used.


In the meantime, I´m very busy making more children´s masks for my daughter who requested another 15 or so for her wellness and yoga classes.  I have decided on animals and have 11 made so far.



They will keep me busy for the rest of the month.

Hope you are all busy stitching too.  Until next week.
Sheryl

22 comments:

  1. The embroideries are fantastic and those masks are super cute!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those masks are terrific! Love those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sampler ..... I love the colours!
    The masks are absolutely brilliant!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheryl, I did smile when I read it might take you a couple of years to sort through your photos. I think I may have that problem as well. This is a beautiful sampler. The colours are soft and lovely. Are you really going to undo that beautiful "S"?? Could you not stitch a little flower to make it look centred. I know what you mean though about living with something that's not quite right. As for those masks, they are beyond amazing! Each and every one is adorable. You are indeed a clever designer and 'stitcher', lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sampler is beautiful, well done for completing it.
    The masks are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, the Romantic Sampler is really beautiful. I embroidered it this time. I especially like your monogram in the middle.
    Sweet the masks for your daughter.
    I hope it is not too hot for you in Spain. Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sampler so pretty love the pink shades .
    Great masks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your Sampler and the Monogram in the middle.
    I have stitched the Sampler last year.
    Have a nice time. Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sampler is very pretty Sheryl and the masks are great! Hope you are not too hot where you are at the moment! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful Sheryl and the masks are pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colours in the sampler are so delicate and gorgeous. It definitely needs to be made into something that will not get damaged over time.
    As for your initial not being centered, it looks as if there may just about be enough space to replicate and stitch some of the border from above? That would save you having to frog and restitch it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sherly, your Sampler is beautiful and I think you could add more leaves or flowers under the S to make it look a little more balanced. I was pleasantly surprised to see you mention our pinafores. They really cut down on pillow storage.
    How cute are those masks!!! One is more darling than the next!! I bet the kids have a great time picking out which one to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty sampler. It looks so feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Sheryl! Just got back home from a nice week at the beach and was so happy to see a new post from you. I always enjoy what you have stitched. That sampler is gorgeous and would make a wonderful pinafore. I have one to make for our July post and I can't wait to put it together for our July 4th celebration. Your work is so gorgeous every time so I can just imagine what a truly beautiful piece you will make. Love the masks you are making...so creative. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sampler looks great (even with the off-center center piece) and deserve some appreciation here on your blog! I also seriously love those masks, they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a pretty sampler Sheryl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A pretty sampler.
    The masks made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, I'm glad you began sorting out your photo files, Sheryl, or we would have missed out on seeing this beauty! It is so lovely in those colors and I'm sure you'll be able to fix the S easily once you find your color chart. The masks are so cute and what a good mother you are to make so many for your daughter's class! Love the eyes on the panda bear :)

    Hope your July is off to a lovely start--ours is starting off very hot (33C) and I'm finding it easier to stay inside in the air conditioning :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful and such lovely colours!
    I love all the masks so far, absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You sound like one busy lady, and your work is beautiful. I love the masks! You did some beautiful stitching on your pillow top piece. I wish I had known about the SAL, as I would have loved to stitch it. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cudowny sampler nie widziałam takiego, piękne kolory.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...