Sunday 9 December 2018

Bells

Hi Everyone,
This weekend is a long one for most Spanish people, as Thursday the 6th was the 40th anniversary of the Spanish Constitution and so a bank holiday and everyone takes the Friday off work and those days added to the weekend make a nice get-away for many families. Not ours this time.

I have been finishing my Christmas crochet bells and other odds and ends.



After having searched for a simple bell form to block my crochet and only having found one, I´ve come to the conclusion that bell decorations have definitely gone out of fashion.


In my last post I mentioned that I was following a pattern by Katy which I have used in the past but no, these bells are from a pattern called White Lace Bells by Moms Love of Crochet.


The odyssey experienced last year while sugar stiffening some crochet snowflakes has not been repeated this year as I followed several excellent youtube videos by Bronislava about blocking and cornstarching bells.... obviously the videos were made with me in mind surely?


I used of all things oval shaped candles covered in plastic and followed another tutorial by Bronislava to make the crochet clapper which I particularly liked and is finished with a long single crochet chain, long enough to hang the bell wherever.


Not sure just where that `wherever´ is at the moment but I also robbed a few metal thingies from old baubles to add to the top of each bell incase they are not topped with a bow.




Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you on the 18th, my day for Jo´s Advent Calendar Blog Hop.

Linking to Wen for Simply Neutrals.

Sheryl

24 comments:

  1. Love your little bells they are so beautiful .
    Thank you for my card , mine are waiting to go in the post .

    Enjoy your Sunday .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Such nice work. And the unhappy little naked ornament made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to make bells. Poor little naked ornament, he looks so sad. funny hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful bells you have made Sheryl. They look so pretty on your tree. That was very interesting how you made them. No way something that pretty has gone out of style...I love them. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crochet bells have worked beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherryl,Oh, the little bells are lovely. They look as delicate and fragile as porcelain.
    Have a nice week, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sherryl,
    your bells are wonderful. Nice idea.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. really amazing images which is share with us very attractive bells latterly nice creativity. Tailoring Services in Dubai, UAE, Sharjah

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bells are just beautiful--what a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are gorgeous Sheryl - great work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your crochet bells are beautiful, and I love the first arrangement with the two bells, the holly and the pretty bow! My Grandma always had crocheted bells on her Christmas tree and around the house during the Holidays. I love thread crochet but unfortunately it seems to be going out of fashion in general. So glad you are continuing this pretty vintage tradition ❤

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was so happy to see you at Wens Simply Neutrals Tuesday! (I believe we have visited once or twice before Sheryl) The bell ornaments are gorgeous! Frosty white and beautiful~ I don't know that Christmas bells will ever move out of style in my heart! They are an elegant and joyful reminder of the reason for the season! : ) Wishing you a nice week ahead~ karen o

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I think Christmas is not Christmas without a few bells hanging somewhere.....and a Christmas tree is certainly undressed without a few embellishing the branches. Your crochet bells are so pretty. You truly do have magical fingers, Sheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They turned out superbly and stunningly... is that a word??

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful project, such beautiful bells!! I love bells at Christmas, they make it even more festive and musical. I'm happy to hear that the cornstach method went well :) Thank you for joining Simply Neutrals again! Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh,wonderful crocheted bells!How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your crocheted bells are simply charming - so great to see them in production - the moulding process looks fiddly but such fun to create such delicate 3D decorations for your tree. The bauble hangings make the perfect finishing touch.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A long weekend this close to Christmas sounds great...I can never get caught up on anything! Your bells are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your bells are timeless!! I love how you finished them and your little ornament with the sad face made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, how sweet your bells turned out, Sheryl! I think you did a wonderful job on them--thank goodness for Youtube videos, right? I can't get over how much useful information is shared via that format!

    Poor little bauble with his missing metal thingy :) He made me smile!!

    Enjoy your countdown to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Sheryl, they are so lovely! Poor, sad bauble, maybe you can find a way to make him smile again?!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sheryl, you are so clever! These bells are simply divine, and I love your photos of how to do it too. I don't think bells are ever out of fashion, especially yours! Perfect for Simply Neutrals! Merry Christmas,
    Jesse XX

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutely adore your crochet bells and loved seeing how the shape was formed. A stunning addition to anyone's Tree. A handmade treasure.
    Thank you very much for sharing.
    Wishing you all the best for 2019.
    Creative wishes Tracey.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...