Friday 30 June 2017

Summer Holidays

Hello blogger friends and visitors,

I wasn´t expecting to go away on holiday until next week, but a phone call from my daughter has changed our plans and in a rush and hurry, I haste to get this post done to join Heather at Stitching Lotus for the Smalls SAL June check-in, before departing to search for the sun.



I fancied using up some of the felt pieces I have in my stash and remembered the little earbud holder Christina at Rainbow of Stitches had made and decided to make a similar one.



As you can appreciate, the embroidery was really quick and easy.  I used DMC floss in black and shades of grey and topped each little red flower with a black bead.  I found some polka dot fabric, added a red zip, a piece of batting and lined the holder with red satin.



I also made a yellow earbud holder but as yet I haven´t had time to take photos to include with this post.




I shall be away next month and then have visitors in August, so apart from commenting and keeping an eye on what everyone is doing, I shan´t make any blog posts until the very end of August.  Hope to see you then.  Happy summer stitching.
Sheryl

20 comments:

  1. How cute is this? What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish.
    The little flowers are so wunderful.
    Have a nice time and see you in August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely creation, Sheryl. Have a nice summer, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful the little flowers look. Lovely little finish.
    Have a great, sunny summer - see you in August.
    Greetings Martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is far too pretty to be used for earbuds! Hope you have a wonderful summer and enjoy your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are always so wonderful! I think this is a great case for earbuds. Enjoy your incoming fun times. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous stitching, Sheryl, and very cute! Such beautiful photos!
    Have a wonderful holiday, look forward to seeing you again in August.
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet little case Sheryl. Hope you have a lovely summer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, such a lovely finish again. Your creativity must be overflowing, Sheryl.
    Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stitching, perfect finish. I'm dreaming of a poppies theme works collection, I made already one from your magazine, this small is very inspiring. Happy holidays! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful !! Perfect finish! Enjoy your vacation:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love your little case, Sheryl--so cheery in the reds! I hope you have a nice little break for the summer--but, please do come back in September! We will miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute and so well made! Love those poppies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's darling! You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cheryl,hope you have a lovely time away and that you have a lovely time with your visitors.
    Wow your little purse is so cute and such a great idea,well done on your beautiful finish Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sheryl è meraviglioso, mi piace moltissimo rotondo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, how gorgeous. This pretty makes me smile. Enjoy your Summer holidays, Sheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute idea and your finishing is always perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Sheryl, such beautiful stitching - I just love it. Have fun on your summer jaunting.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...