Sunday 24 January 2016

Box of Delights

Hello blogging friends,  I have been having problems downloading photos as they result blurry, sorry about this, I will try and get the problem sorted out when I see my technician next week.

 I at last had time to frame the blackwork design `Box of Delights¨ by Elizabeth Almond.


There are lots of different small patterns to embroider, so you can choose the ones you like best and the number you want to stitch depending on what your finished project is.


I wanted to cover a small tray I had bought at a local thrift shop some time ago because I didn´t like the hunting picture depicted and for my `Box of Delights´ I chose blues and purples to match some tiles in my kitchen.





Starting before Christmas, in a hurry as always, I miscalculated the number of rows needed to fit the tray and had to unstitch one vertical border of stitches and add on another row of patterns.



I had a piece of glass cut to fit the tray and cover my embroidery.



I enjoyed doing this embroidery and like the end result although I should have done the surrounding embroidered edge in a dark colour but not black which I think too heavy for the colours I chose..........
 more blurry photos.............



Hope all our American friends keep safe and sound during the worrying blizzard warning announced for this weekend.    Until next week.
Sheryl


32 comments:

  1. Hello Sheryl! Hope you are keeping well! This tray cover is beautiful. I love the tray too.... well worth recovering. Love the finished look. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous !!!!!!!! Love your embroidery !!!!!!
    Have a lovely Sunday !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tray..clever you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful embroiderie . I love the try too, what a beauty!

    Have a nice week,
    Evelyne

    ReplyDelete
  5. As ever, your embroidery is stunning, Sheryl. Your tray was a great find. Your Box of Delights and the tray were meant for each other. I rather like the black border. This is a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching and what a clever way to reuse your tray!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheryl ,wow your tray looks amazing your work is awesome,well done on a beautiful finish xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stitching compliments the beauty of the tray perfectly. The finished piece is gorgeous. I'm curious. Is there a type of protective cover over the stitched piece?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just gorgeous, and I think the black sets off the colors well. We have 12 inches of snow here in the mountains of North Carolina in the USA. But I love being snowed in, means I can sew to my heart's content.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to use that tray! The colors are so pretty. Last poster has 12" of snow, but I'll outdo her. 24" outside my window. Yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks lovely!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful as always! I like the black border, it certainly photographed well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the gorgeous finish Sheryl.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blurry pictures or not, it's a beautiful finish finish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is looking so beautiful, Sheryl!!:) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely wonderful finish and I like colour combination you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful finish! Great idea to use the tray.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's beautiful! The pictures don't look blurry to me, are you sure it's not your monitor?

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty Sheryl, wonderful tray change.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great stitching and finishing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The tray framed stitching looks perfect in your kitchen, Sheryl! Such a pretty rainbow of colors you chose, too :)

    We got so lucky here in western Pennsylvania--only 4 inches. Just south and east of us it was a very different story, though--they got 30+ inches in some places!! I can't imagine how they are digging out...

    Enjoy this last week of January!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the tray frame. I keep trying to find something similar with no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous way to frame your blackwork sampler and what a beautiful thrift shop find! Well done you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What beautiful colors and lovely stitching. Love the tray. I started this pattern months ago.....maybe I'll get it out again.
    hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Sheryl, I'm totally in awe of your wonderful finish. What a gorgeous idea to replace the hunting scene on the tray by this beautiful beautiful stitching. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is beautyfull!!
    Greetings 10eke

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, what a wonderful finish.
    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sheryl, this is stunning - what a heirloom you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lovely tray you found. It really suits your amazing stitching!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the colour scheme and what a great idea to frame in a tray. Do you have glass to cover the stitching when you use the tray?

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...