Hello Blogger Buddies, A dark rainy day in this part of the world today, a perfect day for sewing and sorting out stash and trims if ever possible. Last week I decided that I might store ribbons and lace in books or ring binders instead of in a twisted heap in my Aladdin´s treasure chest.
So I embarked on trying to find strong cardboard sheets that would not bend easily but that I could cut to the shape desired, yes well easier said than done unless you want to buy sheets of one metre by one metre. I ended up with plastic covered cardboard sheets.
A little bit of embroidery mixed with rows of trims for the front.
with a splash of tiny beads and then a cantankerous blue/grey fabric which refused to photograph well for the insides and back.
As the cantankerous blue fabric was an unloved blouse of mine and had a bit of fancy stitching, I used this for the spine.
and added a button on the back to close.
I quite like the end result but will have to make a couple more.
Thank you for passing by. See you next week.
Linking to Supermom no cape stitchery link party.