Wednesday 19 August 2015

Halfway through August

In a rush again, seems like I have been in a rush since June and that the summer is just disappearing, we are already more than halfway through August... can anyone please slow down the time?
My daughter and family are visiting so, in a hurry, I snapped a few photos of a knitting needle holder I made for my granddaughter.



She learnt to knit last year and when she sent me a photo of the progress she had made on a red scarf, I thought a needle holder might be a nice detail and useful too.
As she plays, trains, watches and breathes football, her holder is an applique design of herself in her favourite team´s colours.


She likes red, so I chose a plain fabric and another bright happy one for the trim, lettering and the covered button.




 Hope she likes it and will use it.

Giveaway

A very big thank you to everyone who passed by my blog and left such nice comments last week on my birthday giveaway.  You really are an awesome bunch and your visits and comments are very much appreciated.  Thank you for your inspiration and friendship.

I have tried to reply to all of you personally but quite a few of you are `no reply´  bloggers, so if you didn´t hear from me, that is the reason.  I also accidently erased Jackie from the comment list but her name did go into the hat, sorry about that Jackie.

My student Carmen did the honours.


I know, I know, I can´t see the name either but it´s Barbara.

  Congratulations to BARBARA  at The Flashing Scissors, who does such pretty work and whose blog I discovered just recently.  I will be contacting you immediately Barbara so you can send me your postal details.

See you next week.

Sheryl


18 comments:

  1. I hope you are having a wonderful visit. :) The needle case is such a fun gift! Congratulations, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Barbara! I love the needlecase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sheryl! Love your needle case for your granddaughter and I hope you are all having lots of fun! Congratulations to Barbara! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheryl, I wish you a nice day with the family! Enjoy it together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift! I'm sure she loves it. Congrats to Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheryl,

    I am so excited to be the lucky winner of your amazing sewing giveaway and I have already contacted you directly by email.

    I love the needlecase you have made for your granddaughter that appliqué is so special, absolutely unique. I'm sure she will love it.

    I look forward to seeing what other lovely ideas you have in future.

    Thank you for including a link to my blog on yours, so good of you.

    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful knitting needle case - and congrats to Barbara!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Barbara; lucky lady! The needle case is lovely Sheryl, and such fun. I love the personalised theme. I am so happy that August is flying by as that means Spring is just around my corner. How lovely for you to spend some treasured times with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your needle holder is very sweet!!:) Did you create the appliqué yourself ? With machine or hand? Very nice !! I am sure she will love it:) I also liked the print on your yarn box seen in the images.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And congrats to the winner!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Sheryl,
    happy late birthday along with best wishes.
    The needlecase is just so sweet and congratulations to Barbara,
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so lucky Barbara. Love the needle holder too...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to Barbara!

    Your granddaughter will love that needle case. You are so thoughtful to do a theme that matches her interests!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure you're enjoying the visit with your daughter and her family, Sheryl. And what a great needlecase you've created--so presonal and special :)

    Congratulations to Barbara--lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky granddaughter. This is such a fantastic personalized gift! I love this little pouch you made. She will treasure this for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sheryl, this needle case for your granddaughter is gorgeous. So thoughtfully pieced together and with such beautiful details. A great gift.
    Congratulations to Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bravo à Barbara and nice to have a new blog to visit! Love your appliqué so much precision work and details. Amitiés

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, dearest Sheryl! I am in awe at your beautiful stitching! This needlecase you made for your granddaughter is simply gorgeous, and so sweet that you made it to suite her love of football...love all the red! Smiles...
    I love to hear of children knitting...it puts a big smile on my face...that is where I first first began being creative!
    And oh! Hearty congratulations to dear Barbara...dearest Sheryl, she will so enjoy your lovely goodies! Thank you for your sweet genorosity!
    Blessings and hugs!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...