Friday 25 September 2020

The End of Summer

Hello Everyone,

I really wasn´t looking for any more stitcheries to do  other than that of a festive Christmas nature but I happened upon Lesley Teare´s  Birds and Blackwork flowers SAL and also the floral Anthea SAL, both of which I would like to embroider.

So of course, I just had to start one of Lesley´s patterns and leave the Anthea SAL until next year.

I have lost interest in my unfinished kitchen curtains,, but I  dragged myself to the sewing machine one afternoon and  sluggishly worked on them until dusk, and while adding  a crochet doily to the curtains, I  thought to also add one to a bookcover with some tiny crochet flowers.


Lots of patterns and tutorials on the internet to make these tiny flowers , You can find loads at All free crochet. I love them, quick and easy to crochet and you can brighten up all sorts of embroideries by adding a few…..

I added some here years ago on this hoop holder

And here on a patchwork block for Shez

I  stitched a little pearl bead in the middle of each crochet flower

And lined the cover with fabric from stash




Well, I got sidetracked, but I have finished the curtains. Not sure what sort of tiebacks to make, err, need to think about that. 

Some end of summer beauty.


Until next time,  

Sheryl

16 comments:

  1. Доброго времени! Очень красивая и нежная обложка получилась!)) Она великолепна!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the curtains are finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoorah for you for finishing the curtains! I'm sure they are lovely as are your other posted creations! Love the book cover and the embroidery work....lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little flowers are so cute. I love the book cover. That is really cool. And yay for finished drapes. Now you can move on to more fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beauty here!Love the book cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your book cover is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post, beautiful stitching.
    Every thing is just so pretty .
    Have a lovely weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you got your curtains finished and I love your book cover. The crocheted flowers add a lot of interest.... beautiful! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely crochet flowers Sheryl, can't wait to see your curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your book cover! Gorgeous little flowers too!
    Glad to hear you finished your curtains.
    Beautiful stitching as always my friend 😘
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adding the little flowers to the plain doilie is a great idea - so pretty. And it makes a beautiful book cover. I am intrigued as to the doilie you added to your curtains... xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two lovely SALs to choose from. I've seen the Lesley Teare one before and it's beautiful.
    The doily is so pretty too, especially the embellishments you have added.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous book cover! I love your mixed crafts projects. Looking forward to seeing the Faby Reilly SAL next year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your idea of adding the flower on the corner of the fabric cover, how nice, great finish. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, and so delicate again. You have some really good ideas for finishing off all sorts of things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many absolutely beautiful finishes, I love the added crocheted flowers, especially with the buttons and beads too!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...