Monday 15 October 2018

Biscobourse

Good morning blogger friends,

With DH away last weekend visiting relatives and me left to my own devices, I had plenty of time to plan some Christmas stitching and get some embroidery photographed.




The lilac fabric is a 32ct. belfast linen from Zweigart and the variegated mauve thread DMC Nº 99 of which I had to cut out some lengths when the colour faded to a pale tone and was hardly visible against the fabric.




I took different photos of the stages of sewing this biscobourse but when editing them I noticed that they all had smudges, well that is, there was a blob on my camera lens  -  didn´t I see this when taking the photos? .. well err.. no, I didn´t ... so couldn´t repeat the photos as the sewing had been completed.  The photo below is one of the awful smudgy ones but you can get the idea of how the biscobourse is sewn.


The three embroidered parts are backed with interfacing and joined as you see in the photo with a lining fabric underneath.
Note to myself.... check for blobs before taking photos.




The pattern for this biscobourse is from Les Chroniques de Frimousse and now completed with a ribbon fastening and a smattering of silver beads, it will hopefully be handy as a small Christmas gift filled with something or other....sweets for example?



Until next week.
Sheryl

22 comments:

  1. Very cute. Interesting shape, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful Sheryl and I love the colours of fabric and thread that you chose! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s gorgeous, Sheryl! I’ve never heard of a Biscobourse ..... learning all the time!
    I love the colours you chose, it’s really pretty!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! Very pretty finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting shape! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. But that's a nice part, I like it a lot and it's a great idea for a little present.
    The colors you have chosen are fantastic, just my taste.
    Hugs Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the biscobourse are great. Nice idea for a gift.
    I like the colours very much.
    Hugs, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely design. I wish I could get inspired to dig my box of stuff out to make something this pretty. A beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's charming. And since there are imperfections on my screen I blamed any smudges on them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stitching and the finished Biscobourse is beautiful ! Is it same as a Biscornu?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gorgeous creation, Sheryl! It's always fun to have extra creative time when husbands are out of town, isn't it? Hope you are having a lovely October in Spain :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Sheryl - cant work out how it works but it looks brilliant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, that turned out beautifully! So many things you could fill it with!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what a clever construction! I don't think I've ever seen one of these, but it sure is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely Christmas gift, Sheryl and such beautiful stitching. Isn't it funny what we miss whilst photographing and what we see when we look at the photos. Your photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A sweet little carrier for a little gift, its perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such pretty colors and such gorgeous creations. I'm such a big fan Sheryl. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  18. I usually blame smudges on my glasses... To be fair, they are often very smudged, oops! Your biscobourse is very cute and of course perfect for candy! It's nice when the husbands leave us to our own devices once in a while, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just found your post by searching on the Google,isc888

    ReplyDelete
  20. เล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ เกมส์ผ่านระบบออนไลน์ที่ง่ายที่สุด
    ufabet
    แทงบอลออนไลน์
    คาสิโนออนไลน์
    สล็อตออนไลน์
    บาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...