Such joy to see the sun at last after so many days and weeks of cold, wind and rain, so it´s time to get a post done and stop dragging my feet about. I have just recently finished a design started ages ago. The Berlingot Convallaria by Olga at Saolya.blogspot.
I loved doing the embroidery although I did take ages, as always, on deciding colours. Did I want a flamboyant psychedelic coloured hen or a more subdued realistic one? errr....
After the embroidery was done I suddenly lost interest in the making up part and wondered if I really wanted a perky dolled up hen and whether my finished endeavours would even remotely represent anything like a chicken. I added beads, two tiny buttons for the eyes and a piece of ribbon to act as tail feathers.
Not sure whether I succeeded or not but it was a fun make.
On the subject of chickens as we are, I found this pretty gingham chicken scratch embroidered tablecloth with a hand crochet edging at our local charity shop.
Unfortunately it has a cigarette burn hole but as it is a nice size, one metre by one seventy, I´m going to see if I can cut out the damage and redo some of the embroidery. That will keep me busy this week.