Wednesday 25 November 2015

Christmas Gift Box

Good morning blogger friends.  Today I am joining Heather at Stitching Lotus for our monthly Smalls SAL check-in.
I have been doing quite a lot of stitching for Christmas, mainly small gifts and I started by covering a dull cream coloured box with a bit of embroidery and a bright red fabric.


I don´t think I have ever used fabric glue before but needed to use it on the insides and at the bottom of the box.  I used Gutermann creativ ht2 textile glue


The little embroidered bird pattern is called Baby Cardinal by The Victoria Sampler.


and I added a bow and a couple of silver beads.


I also made a matching heart.

Twelve Days of Christmas update.

I have also been working on this free design by Paulette Stewart.  This is slow work as there was very little fabric choice at my local shop and I ended up with 40ct linen.  My favourite is 28 or 32 because stitching on 40 reminds me that I need to change my glasses.


We are now up to the Eighth Day, so I will take more photos for my next post.

Thank you for passing by.  Hope to see you next week.

Linking this post to Super mom no cape for her weekly Stitchery Link Party.

Sheryl


26 comments:

  1. Gorgeous little gift box !!!!
    Perfect for Christmas !
    Have a nice day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super gift box!
    Have a nice week,
    Evelyne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful Christmas box and heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The box and sachet are so beautiful! I love how you changed the heart shape on the sachet. Those will make wonderful gifts.

    Is fabric glue 'tacky' so you can move the fabric around after you apply it or does it stick immediately? Did you choose that glue so it wouldn't bleed through?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sheryl,
    it is always amazing how detailed and delicate your stitches are. Wonderful present, somebody will be happy.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful box finish and lovely progress on your 12 Days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty little box and matching heart Sheryl! The 12 days of Christmas is coming along nicely! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your box is simply lovely. Perfect for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Śliczny kardynałek. Pudełko wyszło świetne! Pozdrawiam :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wondeful box that you made and I love your Days of Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The box and the heart are so lovely!! Great progress on your Christmas stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All beautiful especially the robin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your baby cardinal is so sweet! Love the box too, and your Christmas stitching is looking great!

    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your little heart box is so so pretty! I think most stitchers would struggle with 40 count. Your ornaments look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sheryl, I love your little birds! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This little Christmas box is gorgeous and it would be delightful to display all winter through Valentine's Day. You always do such creative things. Always look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty box and matching heart - someone is going to be very happy with that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, your little heart box is darling and the little cross stitch of the little bird is so very sweet. Such a beautiful Christmas gift. Your stitching is always exquisite, Sheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your heart box is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks beatifull!
    And thanks for visiting my blog.
    Greeting 10eke

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet box, Sheryl--I just love the little bird on it and know the lucky recipient will treasure it! Your SAL is coming along nicely--hope your Christmas preparations are moving along nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this little cardinal in the heart shape. Great finishing ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the little cardinal box. It is so pretty and such a lovely gift for someone. I have all kinds of little boxes around the house and I tuck little treasures inside them. We have cardinals here and at this time of year it is such a treat to see them in the trees which have lots their leaves. The pop of red is quite startling against the grey skies.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...