Wednesday, 16 July 2014

My First Biscornu

I haven´t had a very good week sewing wise.  Just when I had a few days with more free time for whatever - sewing in my case,  I seem to have too many plans and projects  in my head and can´t get started on anything. 
I did my week´s stitching on the Randje per Week sampler, only to discover that I hadn´t left the correct number of spaces between each stitching line.  I committed the unforgiveable error of not checking on my embroidery every so often and now it will have to be unpicked and redone. sigh!
For this post, I took a few photos of the first biscornu that I made years ago.


This is the Rhodes Butterfly Biscornu by The Sweetheart Tree. There is also a lovely little design for a scissor fob, which I might get to make one day.



This started out as a gift but when finished, I liked it so much - of course pink colours again - that I kept it for myself.

I added a small piece of ribbon so to hang the pincushion from my sewing machine.




This week I noticed with annoyance that yet again my posted comments to other blogs showed me as <no-reply>  This is the third time that this has happened since Christmas.  Google + randomly resets every so often and I can´t figure out what triggers it to change my settings.  Any ideas?
            Thank you for your company.




7 comments:

  1. Sorry, I can't be of help with the No Reply blogger thing, but wanted to tell you I love your Biscornu. It is just sweet. I can certainly see why you would keep it for yourself!
    Enjoy its use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet little biscornu. I never made one but have lots of freebie patterns which I collected back then when biscornus came up. Whenever I see a lovely one like yours I'm determined to make one myself. But then something else comes my way ...

    I have no idea what happens there at Google+ but I find it very strange that they chnage the settings without your consent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The biscornu is lovely! A matching scissor fob would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The biscornu is so sweet! Love the colors and your idea to have it handy at your sewing machine.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely lovely biscornu....!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty:) No wonder you kept it. I would.

    No idea how to help with Google +. I tried to remove myself from it and I think I was successful. I found it annoying. Don't ask me how I did it because I don't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That biscornu is gorgeous. I had to turn off my google+ profile because it wouldn't let me post nicely. Now if I want to share something on google + I just add myself manually.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...