Wednesday, 15 March 2017


Hi Everyone,
I´ve been away from the blogging world for a week or so, not enjoying the delights of a short relaxing holiday soaking up our beautiful sunny weather of last week, but busy amongst the plants, flower pots, seeds and weeds which were all urgently demanding attention.  However I did have time to get some needlework done.  A holder for my Q snap frame.

I didn´t follow any pattern in particular, just that of a couple of tiny roses which I repeated and then added stems and leaves all over the place.

For the holder I chose from stash, a pretty fabric very similar to the actual embroidery but I worried that the two together would result too `busy´ so to lessen that possible effect, I added a velvet ricrac trim between the two.

The lining fabric is plain beige and some ribbon at the sides closes the holder.

The frame fits nice and snug and will probably not be seen again.  I bought it on recommendation from a patchwork teacher years ago while making a quilt and although fine for most people, it took an instant dislike to me, imprisioned my quilt in a vice like grip and rebelled to relinquish the fabric without a tug of war, so it was banished in disgrace to the dark depths of my wardrobe.

I hope to catch up with my blogging visits this week, until then.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...